Pages

Family Mottos

Family Mottos

Toughen up or die!


Stand close together and lift where you stand

Suck it up, Princess!

Come what may and love it


"Be of good courage, and do it." (Ezra 10:4)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Missionary News!

Most of you have probably heard by now, but here it is again anyway!

Both mission calls are in!

-Dani will serve for 18 months in Montevideo, Uruguay area. She will enter the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 29th.
-Joshua will serve for 24 months in the Lima West, Peru area. He will enter the Provo MTC on August 3rd, then 3 weeks later transfer to the Peru MTC ro polish his Spanish.

Both will be speaking Spanish. Josh is already quite proficient having taken four years in High School, including AP, and two semesters at BYU-H. Dani had two years of High School Spanish, which she says she has largely forgotten. She does speak French, however, which will help her learn very quickly. Both have passports and the visa applications are underway. So now we wait and work on Spanish! Alexis is just finishing her 2nd year of High School Spanish, so she and Josh are teaching me. Actually, they're doing a nice job! Tests are included. This is sweet revenge. They keep telling me to stay on top of my homework... stop slacking... did you study for your test yet, Missy? You get the idea.

No one guessed the country Dani would go to, so we all had muffins. I know people will be blessed as they set aside thier own interests and ambitions for this period of thier lives and serve thier Heavenly Father. They will get to know and love people in a profound way. They are both lit up inside. So in just a few months, South America, here they come!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds men I need to practice my Spanish. Awesome, love that both kids are headed to South America. I have been to BA and Montevideo, but not Peru. Challenge accepted! It is nice to hear these things are working out so wonderfully. I hope you like goat stew and ceviche Josh, and I hope you like steak and blood sausage Dani! Sorry about the hot dogs Kyle. :-(. And Alex, I have to have my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks too, so I feel your pain in advance! And Mar, we play plenty of Journey in this house too. ;-) Thanks for the updates, and lots of love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Amy both get to Peru. Then bring me a report... Thanks for the care. Love to both of you. :) Marleigh

    ReplyDelete