Pages

Family Mottos

Family Mottos

Toughen up or die!


Stand close together and lift where you stand

Suck it up, Princess!

Come what may and love it


"Be of good courage, and do it." (Ezra 10:4)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dad and Dreams

Hey everybody, it's Alexis this time. This is the first time posting for me, so be nice...
Last night I had a dream. It was in two parts, and the first part went like this:

I was eating at a picnic table on a beach. When I woke up I realized it was Sunapee Beach, New Hampshire. Where I was eating, I could see another picnic table just in front of me, set up kind of like tables in a cafeteria. I don't remember who I was eating with, but at the table in front of me I could see my friends from New Hampshire, but they were all little kids. They were eating, laughing, and talking together. Again, I don't know why, but for some reason I couldn't go eat with them. I remember I started crying, even in my dream. That's pretty unusual for me (actually, it's pretty unusual that I remember my dreams at all, but that's besides the point). Now the second part of my dream:
I just got home from summer camp, and I asked what we had for dinner, looking in the fridge d as I asked. Dad answered me from the living room that he had just made some soybeans tacos and left extras for me. I didn't even realize until I woke up that it was so out of place that Dad had made the tacos or that he was still with us in our plain site. That's what I remember from my dream. What I've gathered from this dream is that:
1) I miss New Hampshire (Sunapee Beach, I guess).
2) I miss my friends from New Hampshire.
3) I miss my Dad.
4) Kyle's new healthy food diet is affecting me.
I told Mom and Kyle about this, and being the big cry babies that we are...well, you know what came next. We didn't just cry: we BAWLED. It was a tough morning. So how did we try and fix it? Play some Journey. BIG MISTAKE! That got us crying even MORE! But then we played some other 80's rock, and it was just fine. For the moment. What an eventful morning...the flip side is we DID get a bacon breakfast and tomorrow night we're having REAL tacos, no soybeans.
That was the temporary comfort. The lasting and more assuring comfort is:
1) We'll be able to visit New Hampshire
2) We'll be able to visit our friends/family/ward in New Hampshire
3) We are sealed as a family for eternity, and
4) I never have to (and never WILL) eat soybean tacos in my life.
Obviously #3 is the most comforting and most important truth: we are sealed together for eternity. We're stuck with each other, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though I have my down days were I just miss Dad and all I want to do is cry to my pillow, it's okay--Dad always said tough people cry, so that makes us buff. Although sometimes I feel like crying and just breaking down, I know that doesn't really do anything productive. I know that I'm only away from Dad for a moment. I'm only upset because I miss him right now. Dani also said once that this was his fault for being such a great Dad. If he were a little lousy once in a while this wouldn't be so hard! So I want to say thanks Dad, for being such a great Dad, and making it hard to be away from you for now. Because it will be so sweet when we can be with you again, face-to-face. So for right now, we have to "Be of good courage, and do it." (Ezra 10:4). We have to be of good courage and just do it: remember that Dad isn't far, we're sealed to him forever, and our Savior will guide us through these tough times.
Long story short: we love Dad, and we miss him. But we'll be with him again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lex...it's okay to cry. Don't think of it as not being productive, because it is. Letting yourself cry is a big deal, because it helps you get through what you are going through. It's only harder if we bottle up our emotions and try not to let them through. We need to let them out to get through them. It's healthy.

    The other thing is that I've been having dreams about Dad lately, too. It's like, I'll be dreaming and he'll be there and I won't think twice about him being there. Once I had this dream where I knew he was only going to be with us for a couple of weeks, so I ran around trying to think of what to tell Dad before he left, trying to figure out how to say everything I had always wanted to say but didn't know how. It wasn't until I woke up that I realized how strange that was. Anyhooot.

    Love ya chica! :)
    (uknowhonotvoldemort)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    Thanks for sharing your amazing dream....love the part about the soy tacos!!
    I miss your Dad everyday. It dosen't take much to get me bawling...infact I'm doing it right now, which makes it hard to type.
    I love you. AUUUUNT Shauna

    ReplyDelete